Hi Everyone! I think you can see why I named Woodland Textured (part of Among the Branches Bundle) as a Must Have Monday spotlight item! OMGoodness, how AWESOME is this effect! Video Tutorial Below too!
Achieving this Technique - ink and stamp DIRECTLY ON THE WOODLAND embossing folder. Yes, that's right! It looks and feels, well, weird! when doing but once embossed...gorgeous results!
You want to apply the ink on the inside of the embossing folder that achieves the raised portions. For this folder it's the inside section where you can see the logos ( Sizzix).
With a Stampin' Sponge or Stampin' Dauber (I like the Stampin' Sponge best - personal preference!) apply background color. If using 2 or more background colors - apply lightest to darkest.
Stamp background image DIRECTLY to the embossing folder. A darker ink color than the background pops the image best.
It's got me playing will all sorts of stamps set with it! Above is Sheltering Tree and Happy Scenes Photopolymer Sets.
And a look at the inside of the cards:
To finish off the Happy Scenes treeline - take the Fine Tip Glue Pen and add glue to the tree branches and horizon line. Add Dazzling Diamonds Glitter over and tap off leaving sparking goodness!
General Instructions for the Happy Scenes (winter) card:
- With Stampin' Sponges - apply Marina Mist ink on the embossing folder then add Night of Navy ink.
- With tree line image from Happy Scenes, stamp image in Early Espresso ink directly on the embossing folder. Stamp image twice.
- Insert 3-3/4" x 5" Very Vanilla Cardstock, lining up with stamped images. Run through the Big Shot to emboss.
- With Sponge Dauber and Night of Navy ink, make optional swish marks to achieve a shadow effect.
- With Fine Tip Glue Pen, add glue to trees and along the horizon line. Add Dazzling Diamonds Glitter and tap off excess. Sponge around edges.
- Layer on 4" x 5-1/4" Night of Navy cardstock matting piece.
- Add to Very Vanilla cardstock card base.
- Using the Triple Banner Punch, take 1" strip of Very Vanilla and punch banner tail. Cut down to ~2 ". With Night of Stamp Sentiment. With Marina Mist stamp snow images. Sponge around edges with Early Espresso.
- Add to card and with mini glue dot - add Winter Wonderland embellishment.