Hi Everyone! This twist on a Z-fold came from my stampin' friend Dawn Griffith. Hers had a birthday theme. It inspired me to try a spring version!
When closed, it fits in a standard envelope. I love any card designs that stand upright for display so you and others can admire them! Window Sheet strips hold up the butterflies. I did 3, but you can make as many as you wish! Use different height strips to add interest to your card. The last butterfly I could see it's back side and the glue dot that holds it in place, so I made another butterfly and he's finished both sides.
Z-Fold card base: Pool Party Cardstock 4-1/4" x11". Score along the 11" side at 2-3/4" and 5-1/2:
The connecting strip is Pool Party Cardstock 1" x 11" Score along the 11" side at 5-1/2" and 8-1/4:
Front Panel: Blushing Bride Cardstock 2-1/2" x 4", Birthday Bouquet Designer Paper 2-1/4" x 3-3/4"
Inside Blushing Bride Cardstock 4" x 5-1/4"
- Make Z-Fold Card Base. Add front and inside panels.
- Add the connecting strip. Apply Fast Fuse on the front panel on the card base where you want the strip to go (DO NOT ADD TO STRIP - add adhesive to card base. Align it to the edge of the base. Add Fast Fuse to the 2-3/4" section (last section of the strip). Line up to the inside right side of card base. See photos above.
- Cut (3) ~ 1/4" x 3" strip of Window Sheets for butterflies. Use Glue Dot to adhere to back side of strip. (can trim down later)
- Punch (4) butterflies out of scrap Birthday Bouquet Designer Paper with the Elegant Butterfly Punch. Punch (4) smaller butterflies from scrap cardstock using the Bitty Butterfly Punch. Layer and add Basic Pearl Gems.
- Use Glue Dots to add butterflies to window sheets. If you want different heights, trim down window sheets prior to adding butterflies.
- For mine, my 3rd butterfly's back and the glue dot was showing - use your 4th butterfly to cover 'back' side of butterfly to hide the glue dot.
- Stamp sentiment from Circle of Spring. Die cut using the label from Rose Garden Thinlit Set. Stamp dots and add flowers. Add to inside of card.
- With scraps of Mossy Meadow Cardstock, punch leaves from Bird Builder Punch. Punch flowers and add to card front.